Today on Radio New Zealand National I talked about travelling with a laptop.
Many of us have laptops that we take with us when we travel for business, and sometimes when we travel for pleasure as well. What other stuff do we take? Over the page, I’m listing the contents of my travel kitbag. Feel free to add your own in the comments.
- Laptop. (well, d’oh!)
- Bag. I use an Eclipse STM backpack for informal use or a Samsonite wheelie with telescopic handle when I need to appear more formal or stay overnight. Both have special laptop compartments and both are hand baggage.
- Multiplug when going overseas. I usually put a spare one and 4 way power board in my suitcase as well.
- Wireless mouse. Good for presenting.
- Vodafone 3G card, but only for NZ use because of insane data roaming costs.
- A wireless access point and a short Ethernet cable. Lets me go wireless if all I have is a socket in the wall.
- External hard drive. Backup everyday while away on business, travels in my suitcase.
- Laptop lock. Good for hotel rooms.
- Some USB thumb drives.
- An iPod connector.
- A DVI to VGA adaptor (my laptop has a DVI port only).
- Card reader and mini-USB lead to connect to my camera.
- Noise-cancelling headphones – in my travel kit with eye shades and blow up pillow.
What else do people take with their laptops?